Rules of Competition
- A copy of existing work will be disqualified.
- Entrants’ works that have been submitted or will be submitted to any other competition will NOT be accepted.
- Entrants for Designer group have to declare that they have the copyright of their design works and the design is not owned by their employer when they submit the application form.
- Entrants who are selected to enter the second round must declare clearly that the works are not involved in any kind of competition and have not been launched in the market.
- Entrants must abide by the terms and conditions set by the Organisers.
- The Organisers reserve the right to change the rules of Competition.
- The Organisers reserve the right to use Entrants' Submissions and photos for marketing purposes.
- Selected entries for final round of the Competition will be given subsidy for the construction of a prototype. Finalists should submit the original receipt and the application form for the subsidy. All documents related to the subsidy must be submitted on or before 29 May 2015 by mail. No late submissions will be considered.
Announcement of Results
- Results of the first round will be announced in January 2015 and the results of the final round will be announced in April 2015.
- All finalists will be invited to the Award Presentation Ceremony to be held in May 2015. Details of the results will be posted on the official website.
Collection of Entries
Design drawings, operational illustrations, photos and the related documentation will not be returned. Prototypes and product samples can be collected after the Toys & Games Fair 2016. Entrants are allowed to collect the prototypes for internal use after the Award Presentation Ceremony with the consent by the Organisers. However, entrants are obliged to return the prototypes to the Organisers when needed. Exact details for collection and venue will be announced in due course. Entrants bear all costs for the collection. Those products not collected before the specified date will become the property of the Organisers.
Design and IP Right Registration
- A design selected by a sponsor for commercial purpose is subject to mutual discussion & agreement with copyright owner.
- Each Entrant agrees that he/she is authorised to and hereby grants the Organisers all rights to copy, edit, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast, publish and use, in whole or in part, any submission, and any other intellectual property protected or protectable materials submitted by each Entrant, in any manner without further compensation during and after the Competition, except where prohibited by law. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between any Entrant and the Organisers.
- Each Entrant or related party hereby agrees not to initiate, instigate, support, maintain or authorise any action, claim or lawsuit against the Organisers, on the grounds that any use of the Submission as provided herein, infringes any of Entrant's rights as creator of the Submission.
- Submission constitutes any Entrant's certification that the Submission is the Entrant's original work and does not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party patents, copyrights or trademarks. In this connection, the entrant should consider to register the patent right for his/her submission in advance at his/her discretion and expense. The Organisers will not consider any submission that infringes on an existing patent or product.
- Every Entrant should note that the Submission may be publicly disclosed. If deemed necessary or appropriate, the entrant should file a patent application before submission. Nevertheless, subject to institutional policy, every Entrant shall be solely responsible for the pursuit of any form of intellectual property protection for the Submission. The Organisers are not liable for infringement or abuse of any design as a result of entry into the My Toy Design Competition 2014-15 or as a result of any subsequent promotion and publicity.
- Any Entrant acknowledges that he/ she has an obligation to notify his/ her employer or school that the design work belongs to his/ her own property and once the design work is selected to enter the second round, the sponsors have priority to enter into collaboration with the entrants.
- The Organisers will not participate in negotiations between award winners and the sponsors, and are not in any way involved with contractual arrangements between such parties (including without limitation in respect of intellectual property rights ownership or licensing or the payment of rewards or royalties). Award winners acknowledge that it is their responsibility to make sure pre-existing intellectual property obligations or liabilities to his / her own institution in relation to the Submission (if there is any) are duly clarified before entering into contractual arrangements with the sponsor.
- In the event of any disputes, the Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entry and/or retract any award from the entrant. All decisions made by the Organisers are final and binding in all aspects relating to the Competition.
Liability for Loss, Damage, Injury or Accident
The Organisers and Organising Committee of the Competition shall not be responsible for any indirect, special or consequential damages or losses accident howsoever inflicted by any person arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with the participation of this Competition. The applicant and the team, if any, shall be wholly responsible for all design activities.